Nursery Deputy Manager
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Nursery Deputy Manager
Rate of Pay: £24,000 to £26,000 depending on experience
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted:03 June 2021
Closing date: 02 July 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 57 Thetford Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 5DP
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Nursery Deputy Manager to join our wonderful School in Surrey.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff. The successful Early Year Practitioner should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience, working in a Preschool /Nursery setting, ideally already in a senior practitioner or room leader role.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities.
- Ability to co-ordinate in a specific specialist area e.g., SENCO.
- A good standard of education, particularly in English and Mathematics (GCSE Grade C or above/ or equivalent)
- Possess a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of appropriate First Aid procedures – possess a Paediatric first aid qualification.
- Possess a Food Hygiene certificate Level 2.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the setting.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff, and others.
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To manage other staff within the preschool nursery. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Director.
Our People Strategy & Benefits:
- For the above permanent position as Senior Early Year Practitioner the nursery will offer you an important role in a growing business which is financially strong and which has an ambitious growth agenda
- The chance to join our great team and play a key role in delivering a high-quality childcare service to our young children
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary review
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Childcare fee discount
- 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £700
- Performance based cash incentives
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, Employee Assistance Programme, scanning service (MRI, CT and PET scans) and Westfield rewards where you will be able to obtain discounts from various high street and online outlets
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Apply for Nursery Deputy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly