Nursery Teacher QTS
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Nursery Teacher QTS
Contract type: Term Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Temporary, Fixed Term maternity cover
Date Posted:03 June 2021
Closing date: 02 July 2021
Start date: 2 September 2021
Place of Work: 80, Westbury Road, New Malden Surrey KT3 5AS
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 7.30am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· Qualified Teacher Status and evidence of continuing professional development
· To deliver high quality teaching and learning to pupils within the early years division
· To inspire children with enthusiasm and a love of learning
· To have a sound knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum
· To prepare and plan for teaching, taking account of the requirements of all children within their class
· To prepare and develop, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
· Encouraging learning and development, through play and teaching
· Creating a secure environment, using imagination to help children to learn
· Working with parents to support their children
· Enabling children to build their literacy, language and numeracy skills
· Monitoring progress and planning educational games
· Putting together activities which will keep the children engaged throughout the day
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Salary review
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of salary progression
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Career progression as our business grows
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, Employee Assistance Programme, scanning service (MRI, CT and PET scans) and Westfield rewards where you will be able to obtain discounts from various high street and online outlets
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Westbury House Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Apply for Nursery Teacher QTS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly