St Christopher’s Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: School Chef
Salary: Up to £27,000
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 04 June 2021
Closing date: 04 July 2021
Start date: Immediate start
Place of Work: 71 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 8HE
St Christopher’s Preparatory School and Nursery based in Middlesex, North West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation.
· NVQ Level 2 in Food Service; Intermediate Food Hygiene
· Estimate food consumption and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs
· Receive & examines foodstuffs and supplies to make sure quality and quantity meet established standards specifications
· Select and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared and applying personal knowledge experience in food preparation
· Following all guidelines for food hygiene and health and safety
· Take full responsibility for the cleaning of the kitchen.
· Working within budget guidelines
· Certificate of completion of any training program in cooking, or vocational school
· Holds a basic food hygiene certificate
Applicants with the following characteristics are sought:
· Enthusiasm, vision, drive, adaptability, and resilience
· High personal standards
· Confident, positive, and approachable
· Flexible and maintain a sound sense of humour
· Commitment to continued personal and professional development
· Advocate a sound educational philosophy, with the ability to translate into practice
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
St Christopher’s Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Apply for School Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly