We are seeking a wonderful, highly motivated, reflective, enthusiastic and talented Nursery Manager with exceptional leadership skills, who shares our ethos and supports our vision.
We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced learning environment and a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team. We have an excellent admin team who are responsible for much of the day to day admin including funding, billing and payment collection leaving the manager time to focus on making the children’s experience at nursery their priority. Managers are also supported by an Area Manager. If you are an excellent Nursery Manager or Deputy Manager looking for an exciting opportunity to help the nursery to grow and develop please do get in touch.
We are a small family run business with three nurseries. We are continuing to develop a Reggio Emilia approach, following children’s interests and supporting children to investigate and develop a love of learning. We are proud to offer beach school and forest school and your commitment to continue development in these areas is essential. Our nurseries seek to provide a nurturing and homely environment for all children.
What is the purpose of the job?
The role of the Nursery Manager is to provide professional leadership and management to the nursery, to effectively manage the day to day running of the nursery and to deliver the highest standards of care and education whilst ensuring that the vision and aims of the nursery group are met.
Who are we looking for?
You will be someone who is passionate about Early Years and delivering excellent standards of childcare and education to all our families.
You will be someone who is an inspirational leader and able to maintain and develop highly effective staff support programs, ensuing all staff members achieve and deliver the very best possible standards, in an inclusive and supportive environment.
Some of your responsibilities as Nursery Manager will include
- Responsibility for the daily running of the nursery, ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
- To lead the nursery team ensuring that all children are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play and learning experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development
- To nurture every child in in your care providing consistency, innovation and excellence, igniting curiosity and a lifelong love of learning.
- To ensure that all of the Company policies and procedures are put into practice effectively.
- To prepare for and lead the nursery team during inspections by regulatory bodies and to implement any recommendations
- To induct, support and mentor new staff. Support existing staff through regular supervisions and identify and provide effective continuing professional development of the staff team.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience
- Minimum full and relevant LEVEL 3 in Early Years and Education
- An ability to lead, manage and inspire a team successfully together with good interpersonal skills.
- A sound knowledge of child protection procedures.
- A customer service approach, being willing to go above and beyond for families.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to plan and organise workload.
- A minimum of three years leadership experience in managing or deputy managing full day care settings.
All applicants will require a full DBS check to ensure their suitability to work with children.