Early Year Practitioner
Ruskin House Day Nursery
Position: Early Year Practitioner
Rate of Pay: £ 21000-£23000 year depending on experience
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 05 July 2021
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 48 Herne Hill, London, SE24 9QP
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Early Year Practitioner to join our wonderful School in Lambeth.
Ruskin House Day Nursery based in Lambeth, South London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early years practitioners and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in our care. We offer shift work between the hours of 7am-7pm for all our nursery staff.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· Full and relevant Level 3 Childcare qualification.
· Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
· Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach.
· Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
· Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
· Safeguard and promote the health, safety, and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
· Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies. Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
· Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
Our People Strategy & Benefits:
- For the above permanent position as Early Year Practitioner the nursery will offer you an important role in a growing business which is financially strong and which has an ambitious growth agenda
- The chance to join our great team and play a key role in delivering a high-quality childcare service to our young children
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary review
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Childcare fee discount
- 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £700
- Performance based cash incentives
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, Employee Assistance Programme, scanning service (MRI, CT and PET scans) and Westfield rewards where you will be able to obtain discounts from various high street and online outlets
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Ruskin House Day Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).