7 days left
- Contract Type
Recruiting for Nursery Manager for successful Nursery in North West London within an award winning expanding group
Salary Up to £51,500 (based on experience, including bonus plus other great benefits)
We are beyond proud of the BLS Family we have built since our opening in 2013. After expanding to 6 nurseries over the past 8 years, we have had the pleasure in supporting numerous BLS team members to grow from strength to strength, both personally and professionally, changing roles and locations in order to meet personal and professional goals. We are not just a business, we are a family. We create a culture of staff appreciation, supporting each other EVERY day by recognising teams as our most valued asset, the roots to our blossoms. In order to retain a happy, motivated and engaged team, we embed this by leading by example. This is why we are looking for a strong experience Nursery Manager with the same outlook as us. We want you to join our beautiful flag ship nursery in Mill Hill, which has a growing wait list and fantastic reputation in the local area.
We continuously look for new ways to reward our BLS family (you can’t help but spoil your own family right!) From ongoing additions to our benefits package (including regularly raising salaries!) to introducing a whole new wellness programme with incredible perks, we want all the family to enjoy their time at work, as well as be happy in their personal life.
We empower our team to bring ideas and value their contribution. No suggestion is too small, no idea is too big, we want to hear your passion and your dedication, CHALLENGE US!
How we’re taught to measure success: “Salary and Job Title”
Our BLS way on how to measure success: “Salary, Job Title PLUS Mental Health, Physical Health, Free Time and LOVING WHAT YOU DO!
With a 90-place capacity, our Mill Hill nursery has 4 classrooms, each fully equip and self-contained including built in nappy changing/toileting facilities, spacious free-flow outdoor garden space, purposeful resources including state of the art technology.
As Nursery Manager you will be fully responsible for the operational management of the setting and as such you will be a dynamic leader who can retain, develop, and maximise the talent and experience of an already strong team which includes experienced specialist teaching staff. You will possess the ability to inspirationally lead the team towards attaining outstanding care and education in a state-of-the-art purpose built setting that offers the very best indoor and outdoor facilities. You will need a proven track record in attaining Good or Outstanding OFSTED results under your direct management.
Applicants should be experienced in managing the HR functions of the Nursery setting, from recruitment, and induction through to ongoing leadership and management including supervision, training, development, and performance management.
Key to the role will be the ability and track record in managing a commercially successful Nursery businesses, ensuring that the setting is effectively marketed and promoted to attract clients to ensure continuous occupancy growth. You will be fully responsible for the Nursery’s budgets and you will have the experience and skillset to manage these to maintain profitability and growth.
The Nursery Manager will be joining a Company that is 100% dedicated and passionate about offering the very best children having been recognised as Outstanding.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
• NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3 Minimum qualification, Level 6 or above preferred
• Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Knowledge of OFSTED Grade Descriptors general standards and the up-and-coming changes
• Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and understanding of Learning Theories
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
• Good time management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong people management and interpersonal skills
• 5 years previous relevant Nursery Management experience
• Experience of opening a new nursery would be an advantage.
• Excellent business acumen and the ability to successfully plan for and manage the commercial success of the setting.
Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with on-going support and career development including:
- Excellent rates of pay and a 6 monthly performance related bonus
- Up to 35 days annual leave. 25 days holiday, 8 bank holidays, 1 birthday day, 1 bonus day
- Option to carry over up to 5 unused annual leave days annually on request
- Up to 5 days sick pay (depending on length of service)
- Up to 5 days Compassionate leave for bereavement on the death of an immediate family member
- Dedicated car parking space
- Private Medical Insurance post probation
- Senior Team and Management Internal Training Programme
- 2 Inset training and 1 planning day per year, onsite for you and your nursery team. Further internal and external training sessions through the year
- Support for higher level qualifications through the BLS Staff Development Programme with paid study days
- Ongoing internal company support from a Qualified Ofsted Inspector
- Access to the complementary BLS Wellbeing Programme including weekly yoga, PT Sessions, bespoke nutrition programme, benefitting the community, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
- Free wholesome, hot lunches available in the staff room plus refreshments
- Free Uniform provided and Welcome Gift Bag
- Complementary team building activities and annual group Christmas ball
- Employee of the month prize PLUS generous 5 & 10 year long service reward scheme
- Workplace pension with employer contribution of up to 3%
- Increasing Staff childcare discount and salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly