Responsible to: Early Years and Childcare Manager
Responsible for: Assistant Nursery Manager, Third in Charge Manager, Nursery Room Leaders, Nursery Assistants, students and volunteers
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week including an hour paid lunch break, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
Managing YMCASPG’s Jumpers! Nursery, on a daily basis and the continuous development of any new nursery provision.
Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum Developments and Delivery
- Oversee the curriculum at Jumpers! Nursery, ensuring it is creative, stimulating and fun. That it facilitates the intellectual, emotional, physical, social and where appropriate, spiritual development of each child.
- Maintain and develop the nursery curriculum in line with Early Years Foundation Stage 2017.
- Ensure each child is regarded as an individual, listened to, have his or her feelings respected and opinions valued.
- Be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of each child whilst on YMCASPG premises during nursery hours.
- Ensure the nursery environment is welcoming and friendly and demonstrates YMCASPG’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Ensure each child is given praise and encouragement, opportunities to succeed in environments where positive behaviour is promoted.
- As necessary be work directly with the children to provide high quality care to children, covering breaks and shifts when staff are off for holidays or due to sickness.
- Check on each child’s development, liaising with Room Leaders regularly. Highlighting any concerns or development delay and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Manage the Jumpers! Nursery team effectively to ensure excellent quality of service delivery through a highly motivated and skilled team.
- Recruit, induct and train staff in line with the Recruitment Policy and national standards set by Ofsted.
- Communicate regularly through monthly team meetings and line management meetings.
- Conduct Annual Performance reviews/probation reviews, and devise personal development plans for each staff member.
- Ensure staff receive adequate training in the implementation of policies and procedures relevant to the nursery.
- Ensuring that all staff undertake relevant training and all staff hold safeguarding training to meet Ofsted requirements including Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
Finance and Administration
- Assist the Early Years and Childcare Manger in the setting and monitoring of budgets for nursery.
- Analyse and reforecast the nursery budget each month.
- Ensure all registration documentation is completed each term.
- Enforce financial procedures in the nursery.
- Manage the receipt of fees through vouchers and other forms of payment ensuring all fees are paid promptly and in advance. In the event of any outstanding fees arise, that remittance is received in accordance with YMCA’s Late Payment Policy.
- Produce reports as required by the Early Years and Childcare Manager.
- Collate accurate staff time sheets and authorise additional hours on CoreHR on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all purchase orders/invoices are processed through Compleat, YMCASPG’s procurement, purchasing and invoice system.
- Upload monthly headcount to Local authority portal to enable accurate funding claims