Les Petites Etoiles Bilingual Montessori schools are renowned for the quality of our childcare as well as as our excellent staff. We are both kind and professional with high quality training within our settings.
A wonderfull opportunity to join Les Petites Etoiles bilingual nurseries in the opening of our brand new setting in West Hampstead.
38 hours per week
7 weeks paid holiday leave per year
Our staff are very important to us and we will be looking for an inspiring manager with experience that can lead with a big heart.
Ideally we would like our new manager to be available and start working with us from June but we are flexible for the right candidate.
Our new nursery will open in September 2021 for 24 children from 8 months to 2,5 years. We intend to open our Montessori classroom in 2022 which will bring the total to 40 children.
Knowledge of French is not a requirement for this position. All our staff speak English.
Hours: 38 per week
Holidays: 7 weeks per year
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
All references will be thoroughly checked and we will apply for a DBS update service as well as a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in prior to the UK and within the last 5 years.
Overall responsibility for the nursery, legal responsibility for Health & Safety &the EYFS welfare requirement (the Nominated person), all staff, communications with parents, implementing and leading on policies & procedures. You will see below that the manager list of responsibilities does not include a group of key children. This role essentially does not involve working directly with the children.
Below are various areas of responsibility with examples of key duties (this list is not exhaustive)Parents as partners
The parents of the child we caring for are our customers. Many have questions, some need a lot of reassurance, all of them are to be respected and listened to. A fantastic manager earns their trust. Childcare happens in partnership with the parents and is responsive to their needs & expectations.
· Showing potential new parents around the nursery and answering their questions
· The manager has ultimate responsible for talking to parents from when children first arrive/settle with us to when they leave
· The manager dealswith queries and solves problems for parents where appropriate
· Preparing and sending a newsletter every 2 months for the parents
Leadership of the team:
A team needs a leader who will guide them and help them. As a manager you will help the team deliver consistently outstanding childcare. A great manager helps bring out the best in people.
· To be a Line Manager and provide support and supervision to all other members of staff, junior staff and volunteers. Carrying out regular staff supervision and recording as appropriate, as well as conducting twice yearly appraisals.
· To guide the nursery practitioners to follow best-practice and our policies
· To check the planning and delivery of a curriculum suitable to meet the needs of children aged 1 to 5 years old (from age 2 in Mars Montessori), and helping the team find time for weekly planning meetings and non-contact time
· Recognising the strengths of each member of staff and explaining their areas for improvement.
· To ensure the vision and the mission statement of the nursery are met
A nursery thrives on great organisation. The organisation of the manager makes all the difference. This ensures everything important is achieved on time, and in the correct way.
· The manager must ensure they have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of current relevant legislation in relation to childcare.
· To ensure the nursery, staff, policies & procedures comply with OFSTED & other statutory requirements.
· Ensuring our menus are followed, and that any nutritional, religious or dietary needs are met and allergies carefully controlled.
· The planning and filing ofrelevant records including the keeping of children's personal details for emergency purposes, the keeping of an accident record file, attendance register, outings records file, medicine records file, and any other mandatory records including receiving and noting fees and invoices to parents.
· Ensuring the SEF is completed annually and filed online with Ofsted
· Updating the register and other spreadsheets to assist with bills to parents
· Many other general administrative tasks ranging from paying cheques into the bank account, dealing with all telephone calls, ordering supplies & food, filing bills, maintenance of employees or student files, Health & Safety including: risk-assessments, fire drills records, food temperature records, first aid box, and conducting the fire drill
· Completing the standard monthly action plan, and also devising and following-up new action plans as required
· A key responsibility is ensuring the nursery operates at our target occupancy.
· Any otheradministrative duties, asrequired by the needsof the Nursery
Ensuring safeguarding & welfare
Nothing can be more important than keeping the children safe.
· Ensuring our safeguarding policy is followed: our policy is never to have only one member of staff alone with the children in a room/space – reminding everyone and making certain that there are always two people in the room with children at all times, and that no mobile phones are used at any time.
· Conduct (or supervise a delegated) daily Risk Assessment, as well as various other assessments at various intervals.
· Overseeing the planning and delivery of relevant records and profile reports in relation to children's individual progress. Ensuring that regular termly meetings are arranged with parents to deliver a written profile report to the parentin which both the Manager and key person are to be present. Reports are to be signed and filed.
Les Petites Etoiles is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly