We are a Leading Family Run group of 10 established Nurseries across South London, since opening back in 2009. Little Elms has had the pleasure in supporting numerous employees grow from strength to strength, both personally and professionally, changing roles and locations in order to meet personal and professional goals. We create a culture of staff appreciation, supporting each other EVERY day by recognising teams as our most valued asset.
We continuously look for new ways to reward our Little Elms employees. From ongoing additions to our benefits package (including our quarterly bonuses) to introducing a whole new wellness programme, we want everyone to enjoy their time at work, as well as being happy in their personal life.
About the Deputy Manager role
We are currently looking for a skilled, experienced and motivated Deputy Manager for our beautiful Catford Green Nursery covering Maternity. This is an ideal opportunity for a Senior Room Leader to take the next step in their career or a current Deputy looking to take on a new exciting role. The day-to-day role will include supporting the Nursery Manager in the overall running of the Nursery, whilst providing and ensuring a safe, stimulating and educational environment for the children and staff.
Our Nursery offers state-of-the-art facilities, combining bright and spacious indoor rooms along with fabulous outdoor areas. Catford Green station is within easy access to London Bridge, Charing Cross and Canary Wharf.
You can earn £30,900 per annum working 40 hours per week.
This is a Fixed Term Contract covering Maternity.
To be considered for the Nursery Deputy Manager role you must have:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a Leadership role or equivalent
- Level 3 or above qualification in Early Years childcare
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of the EYFS & Statutory framework
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Your passion to be shown in your day-to-day interaction with children
- Coaching & mentoring abilities
Little Elms amazing benefits for you -
- £1000 New Starter Welcome bonus!!!
- Excellent rates of pay PLUS eligibility for our Bonus scheme (earn an additional 4% of your earnings)
- Service recognition awards – get an extra day’s annual leave, for each year worked
- Free, hot daily lunch prepared by our Skilled Nursery Chefs each day you work
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme (provided by BUPA)
- Generous Childcare discount
- Support to gain higher qualifications
- Internal promotion opportunities across all of our 10 Nurseries
- Free Uniform
- New starter goody bag
- Fantastic transport links
Things you need to know –
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and satisfactory employment references.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake online safeguarding training and all positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Little Elms Daycare Nurseries are an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Little Elms Daycare Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
* The welcome bonus will be paid in two instalments. £500 will be paid in the first salary payment after joining, then another £500 upon completion of probation (6 months, unless extended). The welcome bonus will be subject to normal Tax & NI deductions.