Linden Tree Nursery Schools is offering a fantastic opportunity for a full time permanent (L3, or nearly qualified) early years educator to join our dedicated, diverse and nurturing team within our small family group of three Nursery Schools in South London.
Why join us?
- Froebelian - our approach means we put everyone at the centre including our staff, by harnessing the individual talents and voices of all those who work with the children and families we can offer rich learning experiences for children and further training for staff.
- Strong emphasis on play, freedom and guidance - the children are our curriculum. Staff must be able to tune into children's interests and individual needs to guide them through the learning process.
- Close engagement with nature - children must learn in nature, not just about nature. We have big green commons nearby and encourage staff to access the outdoors as often as possible for the benefit of both children and adults.
- In house Training - we offer many training and development opportunities for staff which includes access to an online training portal, 1:1 coaching sessions, enrolment onto our Early Years Leadership Programme (EYLP) and training in the Froebelian approach.
- Salary £21,000 to £23,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
- 33 days : 25 holidays per year plus 8 bank holidays (we close for Christmas Eve and the one week between Christmas and New Year)
- Staff Bonus every 6 months following probation *new*
- An Individual Development Plan for your own career progression
- Two INSET days each year for team building and training sessions
- A Staff Appreciation Event on a summer afternoon when we close the nursery early and meet for a social gathering
- Pension scheme contributions from the company
- Access to the Employee Assistant Programme that supports our staff’s wellbeing
- Four and a half day work pattern
- Small Nursery Schools - we average 35 children aged between 6 months and 4 years old each day.
- Nursery opening hours 8am - 6.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and an early close on a Friday (8am - 6pm)
“I wanted to educate people to be free, to think, to take action from themselves.”
Froebel in Lilley 1967:41
- You must hold (or close to qualifying) with a minimum full and relevant Level 3 qualification in the Early Years.
- Good knowledge of the EYFS and experience of working in a nursery environment
- Must have the right to work in the UK, no convictions or cautions with a clear DBS
For more information about our nursery schools please visit www.ltns.org.uk