Role: SuperClubs Manager
Location: Putney High School
Start Date: Immediate
Type: Full Time
- Term Time Hours: 30 hours per week, Mon-Friday Split between morning (7am-9am) and afternoon (2:30pm-6:30pm) afterschool activity
- School Holiday Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Salary: 23k PA
- Consisting of 41 weeks term time hours, and 11 weeks of school holiday camp management
Role Purpose: This is an exciting role for a candidate looking to gain a year round role working in afterschool activity and holiday camps. Reporting to the Operations team and working closely with the wider Super Camps team, the Super Clubs Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Putney High School wrap around care program and ensuring safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities for children. The role combines this term time SuperClubs role, with a holiday season Camp Manager role.
Duties of the role include:
- Managing the planning, development and delivery of safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a fun and caring environment
- Responsibility for ensuring the safe arrival of children at the club and the safe sign out to parents/carers at the end of each day
- Managing the Super Camps provision over school holidays, and being the key link between Super Clubs and Super Camps.
- Providing opportunities for children to feedback into the development of Super Clubs
- Keeping children safe and minimizing risks in the play environment
- Providing snacks/refreshments to the children ensuring that hygiene, health and safety measures are met.
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- Being responsible for setting up the room, including moving furniture, and tidying the club rooms at the end of the day
- Carrying out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework
- Responsibility for all administration, including child information, staff files, ordering equipment, and replenishing stock in line with an agreed budget.
- Liaising with parents and involving them in the Super Clubs experience
- Holding regular team meetings to support, motivate and lead your team
- Conduct regular performance reviews, dealing with any issues with support from the Super Camps Head Office teams.
- Promoting good communication within the School environment, and wider Super Camps Organisation.
- Working within agreed policies and procedures, being aware of staff responsibilities around the Safeguarding of children in our care
- Experience or working with 4 – 12 year old children in a childcare setting, and understanding their needs.
- Previous Management experience, including business administration is desirable
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, including working remotely
- An appropriate qualification in Childcare or Play work at NVQ Level 3 or the equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training is essential
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, honest, reliable, hardworking and most importantly willing to have fun and enjoy working with children.
Additional weekend hours may be required to fulfil the role duties in the lead up to holidays seasons. These will be paid in addition.
We are recruiting for a SuperClubs Manager and SuperClubs playworker. These exciting roles are for a candidate looking to gain a year round role working in afterschool activity and holiday camps. Reporting to the Operations team and working closely with the wider Super Camps team.
The Job Descriptions can be found in the file section.
If you are interested, please email your CV and Cover letter as soon as possible for firstname.lastname@example.org
Super Camps is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an expectation of this role is to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
At Super Camps, we believe in providing an environment which recognises the values people’s differences/individuality, and benefits from the unique strengths that these differences bring to our organisation. This commitment promotes respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, marital or civil partnership, nationality, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves, under the Equality Act 2010.