Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Learning Support Assistant (1:1)
Salary: £15,500 per annum
Contract type: 36 weeks a Year
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Contract term: Temporary Fixed Term
Date Posted: 09th September 2021
Closing date: 09th October 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: Buxlow Preparatory School 5-7 Castleton Gardens, Wembley, HA9 7QJ
Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery based in Middlesex, North West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· Have experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEND) in a primary school setting
· Have GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
· Have NVQ2 or equivalent as recognised by the National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning (NOS-STL).
· Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of children.
· Have an interest in how children learn and behave.
· Provide appropriate role models of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
· Genuinely care about children, particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
· Have training in aspects of SEND, i.e. ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism or experience of supporting pupils with those needs
- Experience in delivering 1:1 or small group booster session in literacy and numeracy.
- Experience working with children with EAL.
- Experience with gifted and talented children.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Buxlow Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).