The Study Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Nursery Manager
Rate of Pay: £35,000 - £40,000
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 16th August 2021
Closing date: 31st August 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 57 Thetford Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 5DP
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Nursery Manager to join our wonderful Nursery in Surrey, South West London
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery, based in Surrey, South West London, has a strong family atmosphere and prepares children exceptionally well for their first steps towards primary schools. We believe in recruiting and training the very best early year practitioner and staff to meet the needs of all young babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in our care, providing the highest standards of care in a safe and secure environment. Children are encouraged and supported to become natural explorers and inquisitive learners. We offer shift work between the hours of 7am-7pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful Nursery Manager should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- Full and relevant Level 5 Childcare qualification (NVQ5, EYTS, QTS, B.ed or above)
- Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
- Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
- Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
Our People Strategy & Benefits:
- For the above permanent position as Nursery Manager the nursery will offer you an important role in a growing business which is financially strong and which has an ambitious growth agenda
- The chance to join our great team and play a key role in delivering a high-quality childcare service to our young children
- Competitive Salary
- Annual salary review
- Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
- Ongoing coaching from the management team
- Childcare fee discount
- 28 days Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £700
- Performance based cash incentives
- Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, Employee Assistance Programme, scanning service (MRI, CT and PET scans) and Westfield rewards where you will be able to obtain discounts from various high street and online outlets
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).