Warlingham Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Nursery Manager
Contract type: Full Time-52 Weeks
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2021
Closing date: 10 Sept 2021
Start date: immediate start
Place of Work: CR6 9PB, Surrey, South West London
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) is a growing group of 16 independent preparatory schools and nurseries across Greater London. Overall, our staff of over 330 are responsible for over 1,300 pupils, making us one of the largest independent school groups in the UK.
Our schools and nurseries have a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. Each school under the ILG umbrella has its own unique identity and ethos, though all are equally dedicated to our core promise of a broad and balanced curriculum for every child.
We are looking to recruit a member of staff for our site based in Surrey, Warlingham Park Preparatory School and Nursery, Chelsham Common, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9PB. We offer shift work between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about teaching and children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience, working in a Preschool /Nursery setting, ideally already in a senior practitioner or room leader role.
- Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
- Ability to co-ordinate in a specific specialist area e.g. SENCO.
- A good standard of education, particularly in English and Mathematics (GCSE Grade C or above/ or equivalent)
- Possess a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Child Care and Education or equivalent
- Knowledge of appropriate First Aid procedures – possess a Paediatric first aid qualification
- Possess a Food Hygiene certificate Level 2
- To manage the day to day activities of the setting.
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To manage other staff within the preschool nursery. To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Director
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Inspired Learning Group is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).