Baby Room Leader
Up to £25K per annum including 43/45 paid days holiday a year. Working with our youngest children, around 1.5 years old.
Job Title: Nursery Room Leader
Responsible to: Nursery Deputy Manager/Nursery Manager.
Purpose of the Job: To provide safe, high-quality education and care for a group of children; to fulfill legal and statutory requirements; to lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis; to contribute to Keren's interests, and to implement Keren’s policies.
- To take responsibility for drawing up long term, medium-term and term by term curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To ensure that the room staff members, volunteers, and resources are effectively managed.
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff is properly deployed, and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- To draw up and supervise the daily program of the room activities and events.
- To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record-keeping so that children’s progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
- To maintain the key person system and to effectively supervise staff on a daily basis; to monitor the quality of teaching; to participate in staff appraisals and to identify training needs.
- To ensure records are properly maintained; e.g. accident and medication records.
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the group and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress, and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- Willingness to learn.
- CACHE Level 3 Certificate in pre-school practice or equivalent.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check confirming suitability to work with children.
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to young children and families.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Health clearance for the job.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good customer awareness