Coin Street Nursery have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, energetic, and enthusiastic Early Years Educator to join our friendly and committed team. We are looking for a trained and skilled educator who has a desire to work with children encouraging active learning and promoting strong parent/carer partnerships.
Based in the Coin Street neighbourhood centre, minutes from Waterloo and Blackfriars stations and on the doorstep of the bustling South Bank, our family and children’s centre puts the child at the centre of their unique learning journey and uses our surroundings as a place for real life learning.
This provision encompasses a 59-place nursery, holiday play schemes, activity camps, creche facility to support parents to engage in training and support, and our work with external partners as part of our Family and Children’s Centre provision working with families across Waterloo and North Southwark.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Early Years Educator to help children with an education, health and care plan (EHCP) to work towards their potential, be integrated and happy and support children with special educational needs (SEN). You will be part of a dedicated team of educators who are supported by three experienced senior Early Years leaders, one of whom is the SENCo.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- a recognised qualification in childcare, ideally Level 3 and above
- experience, knowledge and passion for working with children with SEN
- a commitment to working in partnership with parents
- experience of working with the EYFS and the ability to hit the ground running
- a can-do and enthusiastic attitude
- experience of planning, observing, and recording children’s achievements
- proven skills in positive behaviour management
- excellent spoken and written English
Fixed-term (12 months), 21 hours per week, Monday-Wednesday 9am-4:30pm (including a 30-minute lunch break). There will also be regular opportunities to work additional hours as part of our Bank staff team.
In return we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays), pro rata
- 8% contributory pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- Season ticket loan on completion of probation
- Health and wellbeing package including a confidential employee assistance programme and online therapy sessions
- Commitment to training and development
To apply please submit an up to date CV and the supporting questions form. We are unable to consider CVs if they are not accompanied by the supporting questions form. The equal opportunities form is optional. You can also visit our website for more information or to apply directly.