MATERNITY COVER 1 YEAR (initially)
EARLY YEARS SETTING LEADER.
You will be joining a very well established company that cares for children from two years old to five, with an excellent reputation in the local communities of Aylesham and Dover.
We need a special someone to cover our current setting supervisor at our very busy Aylesham setting whilst she goes on maternity leave.
Our company has room for expansion and whilst this will initially be a one year contract to cover maternity, this role could be extended and adapted for the right person.
You will have a commitment with excellent skills and a strong focus on providing excellent care and education to all the children in the setting. You must be a self starter, have strong leadership skills and will lead in the following areas and take responsibility for:
- Meeting requirements as stated by the EYFS 2021
- Meeting Ofsted requirements
- Ensuring all staff are working at and delivering to their full potential and supported where required.
- Ensure that all operational aspects of the setting are continuously monitored and improved on where possible or needed.
- The role will require excellent modeling practices in the setting, as this will be a daily task to ensure standards are met and maintained in all areas within the setting.
Some of your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Have a good knowledge of “in the moment planning’
- Have some knowledge or is willing to train on the “Curiosity approach”
- Take on the role of designated person for safeguarding or setting Senco should the need arise.
- To ensure staff members are fulfilling their roles
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care
- To effectively help to lead and manage the staff team
- To effectively help manage the occupancy levels to ensure the nursery is profitable
- To ensure all policies are always implemented and adhered to and liaise with company manager to adapt policies
- To help implement an effective parent liaison program
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- Minimum NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent, level 4 or 5 preferred.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a staff team
- Excellent knowledge of Safeguarding children
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Knowledge and understanding Safer recruitment procedures
This post is currently term time only, and offers a competitive salary, with a negotiable start date end of November beginning of December 2021.
Please send your CV in the first instance by replying to this post.
Deadline for applications for is October 31st 2021.