Job Description: Pre-School Manager
Role Title: Pre-School Manager
Reporting to: Muddy Puddles Committee and Chair
Summary: The Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Pre-School, staffing, and the welfare and education of the children.
Location: Long Ditton Cricket Club, Betts Way, Long Ditton. KT6 5HT
Sector: Charity registered group/PVI[BA1]
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term-time only
Salary: £32,000 - £34,000 per annum based on experience & qualifications
i.e. £2,600-£2,800 per month including during Pre-School holidays
We are a much loved not-for-profit pre-school that has operating for over 18 years in various locations.
At Muddy Puddles we believe positive early childhood experiences are invaluable to shape children’s approach towards learning.
We encourage the children to be curious, imaginative, independent and, most of all, to love learning!
The children access a rich play environment with a free-flow garden and use our amazing location to explore outdoors.
The children have ample opportunities to spend time in the natural environment whether playing in the garden area, which is open in all weathers, or exploring the local area during our walks.
We are looking for an experienced, inspiring and motivated Pre-School Manager to join our truly unique organisation. Our two times rated by Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Pre-School is situated on a spacious cricket field surrounded by a woodland area, where outdoor learning plays an important part of Muddy Puddles life.
The manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of our term-time Pre-School, including staff management, session planning, and children learning and development.
You will be passionate about all aspects of early years and be able to bring new ideas to the role. You will have a caring and dynamic approach, as well as an ability to lead and motivate your team while being highly organised. Our staff are the most important asset to our Pre-School, therefore, uniquely for a term-time only Pre-School, the manager will receive the same level of pay each month.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operational running of the Pre-school in line with the policies, Ofsted registration and all statutory legislation.
- Ensure policies and procedures are developed, maintained and reviewed periodically to meet the welfare requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- Effective session planning to deliver appropriate experiences for children in line with Muddy Puddles policy on teaching and learning, while meeting the learning and development requirements of the EYFS Framework.
- Manage an effective children key person system.
- Ensure Childcare policies on planning, assessment, recording and reporting are effectively executed and maintained.
- Effectively manage the use of the premises both indoors and outdoors to ensure children have access to an appropriate range of opportunities and experiences.
- Manage communication with parents and/or carers, addressing any concerns, informing them of progress, and encouraging involvement in their children’s learning.
- Responsible for matters relating to special educational needs and disabilities and child protection (and DCL), in line with the policies of Muddy Puddles.
- Effectively manage new admission enquiries, existing attendance and overall occupancy levels of Muddy Puddles, including admission waitlists and appropriate session capacities.
- Ensure regular communication to parents and carers by way of monthly newsletters are executed and appropriate updates are posted on social media accounts.
- Oversee staff training and performance to meet identified needs and ensure all staff receive appropriate mentoring, coaching and training.
- Develop professional working relationships with all relevant authorities including the Early Years’ Service and Local authority.
- Maintain health and safety and fire regulations.
- Co-ordinate with the Muddy Puddles Committee in regard to fund raising activities.
Qualifications and required skills
- EYPS or EYTS, NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of OFSTED regulations
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- At least 2 years management experience essential
- At least 3 years occupational experience within a nursery
- Proven organizational and people management skills
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities and SEND
Muddy Puddles is committed to ensuring Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.