Grange Park Preparatory School and Nursery
Learning Support Assistant, part time 20 hours term time only
The Chine, Grange Park, London N21 2EA
Closing date: 18 Oct 2021
Grange Park Preparatory School and Nursery based in Grange Park, North London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 3 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+.
To apply, you will need to have Learning Support Level 3 qualification and be able to demonstrate your passion for helping young children learn and develop.
What you will be doing
As a Learning Support Assistant you will be helping and guiding our pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or in small groups reach their full potential
You will have particular focus on supporting children with physical and learning needs, so you will need to be able to design and guide our pupils learn key skills in a variety of ways that marches the needs of individual children.
What you will need
- Qualifications in Maths and English GCSE, grade C or above or equivalent.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing and have ICT skills to support pupils’ learning.
- An understanding of how to build rapport and positive relationships with pupils and their parents
- Experience of working with Gifted and Talented children, or children with EAL or specialist skills in literacy and or numeracy would be particularly welcome
- An ability to recognise and respect diversity in the classroom.
- Have an excellent team work ethic, contributing to the professional discussions in the classroom.
- Above all, you will need to want to work with children, and be able to inspire and motivate them.
In return for your dedication and commitment you will play an important role in a growing business that’s financially strong and has an ambitious growth agenda, you will receive a competitive salary and annual salary review. There will also be ample professional development and training opportunities, including ongoing coaching from the management team, with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows. Other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme up to £750
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
To apply, email your CV to by Monday 18th October 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal conversation please call our Flavia Rizzo, our Headteacher, on 0208 360 4869
Grange Park Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).