Youth Activities Counselor
We are currently recruiting for the position of Youth Activities Counselor for Disney Cruise Line.
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As a Youth Activities Counselor you will interact and supervise children ages 3-17 year old by providing a safe and entertaining environment in our Youth Activities spaces onboard our ships & island. You will need to be flexible with your work schedule, job tasks, and work locations as you start your new adventure in the Youth Activities department. As a Youth Activities Counselor, you will work in partnership with our Entertainment Host team, by providing program support to ensure all department and shipboard goals are met.
You will report to the Youth Activities Manager.
- Work with and oversee all children participating in Youth Activities programs, ages 3-17 years old
- Support the set-up for all facilitated activities and accomplish clean-up tasks upon completion of programs; monitor audio and lighting needs
- Help with the cleaning and sanitizing of spaces and objects, before, during, and after the facilities open; keep all spaces tidy during operating hours
- Provide registration/check-in/check-out services for Guests in children's spaces on the ship and Castaway Cay; operate multiple computer programs
- Prepare food trays for children during meal or snack times
- Present small-scale activities independently or with other Youth Counselors
- Perform meet–and-greet functions in the Oceaneer's Club and Oceaneer's Lab for children and parents on embarkation day. Includes tour of facilities, overview of programs, and registration of children
- Help organize adult or family activities as scheduled; may include welcome line, game shows, crowd control, hosting a lounge, bingo, Port Adventures dispatch or related
- Support recreational activities on Castaway Cay as scheduled; may include boat rental, snorkel rental, and snorkel instruction, if applicable based on ship
- 3+ seasons (3 months each) of overnight or day camp experience
- 2 seasons (3 months each) of overnight or day camp experience PLUS 1 year experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment in recreation, resort, day care, before/after school care setting with children
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment in recreation, resort, day care, before/after school care setting
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Can command the attention of a large group of children. Have experience working with at least 25 children, up to 200 children or more.
- Work without a day off for 4 ½ months at a time, and work 70-84 hours per week
- Can follow Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Comply with all company set procedures, along with all maritime and ship rules, regulations and procedures
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.