We are looking to recruit 2 enthusiastic and motivated Early Years Practitioners to join our skilled staff team providing universal sessions and courses to families in our children’s centres in Lewisham, SE London and elsewhere.
- Are you an experienced and passionate Early Years practitioner? Or recently qualified and excited to secure a role to develop your knowledge and skills still further?
- Do you have excellent knowledge and understanding of how babies and young children develop, and understand the importance of good attachment for children’s optimum development?
- Do you have an enthusiasm for the outdoors as an exciting learning environment throughout the year, and a commitment to providing excellent services for families?
As the Early Years Practitioner, you will work as part of a team to develop and deliver a range of group sessions and programmes in our children and family centres and elsewhere (including online), which support babies and children’s development, encourage parent-child attachment and improve school readiness.
You will have:
- an NVQ Level 3 in childcare or the equivalent as a minimum
- excellent knowledge and understanding of how babies and young children develop, and the importance of good attachment for children’s optimum development
- excellent up to date knowledge of the EYFS
- a passion for the outdoors as an exciting learning environment and a clear commitment to outdoor learning throughout the year
- some knowledge of Five to Thrive and how this framework can be used to support positive family interactions
- demonstrable ability to enable and encourage parental involvement to support their children’s development
- good understanding of the key role of children’s centre universal services in providing support for families from pregnancy onwards, and in preventing the escalation of need to more targeted services
- experience of working with babies, children and/or families in a toddler group, children’s centre, nursery, pre-school or other relevant setting
Hours per week: 20
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: Monday 25th October 2021
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.