Excellent opportunity for a talented, driven and professional nursery manager to take on a role where your expertise will be valued and well-rewarded with a competitive salary and generous benefits including funded training, pension scheme.
Established and thriving nursery looking for an experienced, professional and innovative manager.
The successful candidate will be qualified to level 3 or above and have a proven and successful track record as a nursery manager.
Competitive salary, up to £35,000 per annum
- As the nursery manager you would take day to day responsibility for ensuring a safe, caring and nurturing environment for both children and staff.
- Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Making strategic decisions to maintain and build further on the existing high quality provision, putting children’s well-being, safety and education at the heart of the decision making process
- Managing and motivating a team of deputies, room leaders and practitioners- monitoring their performance and using your skills to provide clear and supportive performance feedback
- Working closely with parents and carers to understand the needs of each child
- Inducting new staff
- Monitoring children’s progress to ensure they are making the best possible progress
- Ensuring the records needed to maintain the smooth and safe running of the nursery are maintained
- Ensuring all environmental, health and safety and fire standards are met
- Valuing and supporting your team's well being and professional development
- Must have previous experience at nursery manager level, minimum 3 years
- Must be qualified to level 3 or above
- Must be a confident and capable manager of people, able to offer lots of support and guidance but also be ready to swiftly tackle any performance concerns
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organised and a confident user of IT
- This is a permanent, full-time position, 40-45 hours a week, worked across 5 days, Monday – Friday
- The nursery owner is supportive and involved but is looking to recruit a manager who has the skills, confidence and expertise to take full responsibility for the day to day running of the nursery.
If you think you are a good match for this role then we would love to hear from you.
Start Date Dec 2021 but will interview any potential candidates now and can offer earlier start date with a suitable handover period.
Please apply in confidence to Purple Dove Recruitment