St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, Basingstoke
Part of the Mother Teresa Catholic Academy Trust
Salary: £16,500 - £19,000 (depending on experience)
“Let all you do be done with love” 1 Corinthians 16:14
We are seeking a professional, enthusiastic and caring Pre-School Manager to join us. The post is Monday – Friday 8.30 – 4.00pm (35 hours, 195 days per annum). The post is subject to completion of a three month successful probation period and reviewed year on year.
You will be required to provide, in consultation with the Head of School, leadership in St Anne’s Pre-School. You will be assisted by a number of Key Workers.
You will be NVQ3 qualified and have a minimum of 2 years experience.
AS A KEY WORKER
In the absence of staff your first priority is to act in the best interests of the children as a Key Worker.
A key worker has special responsibility for a group of up to eight children. Parents and children know the name of their key worker(s) from the beginning of their involvement with the Pre-School.
A key worker will ensure that the needs of each child are recognised within the Pre-School so that, within the overall curriculum framework, individual requirements may be met.
Main responsibilities are:
- To assist the child to settle into the Pre-School by:
- introducing the child and parents to the Pre-School
- talking with the parents and keeping them informed
- keeping a special watchful eye on the child in the first few sessions
- assisting the child to integrate into the Pre-School as necessary
- To provide for the emotional needs of the child e.g., to comfort and reassure the child at any time of distress.
- To care for the child, e.g. to assist with toileting as necessary.
- To listen and respond to the children.
- To prepare, in consultation, a curriculum plan for each child, enduring that account is taken of each child’s needs by:
- observing, keeping records and monitoring the child’s progress
- liaising with parents, encouraging them to contribute knowledge and expertise.
- To develop a day-to-day rapport with parents, keeping them informed and to answer queries.
- To contribute information about individual children’s needs to the planning of the Pre-School’s curriculum whilst respecting confidentiality as necessary.
- To reassure parents and children.
- To contribute to the planning of the Pre-School curriculum.
- To liaise, in conjunction with parents, with statutory/professional personnel as necessary.
It is important to recognise that a key worker does not:
- Shadow his/her children throughout the session
- Liaise only with her key group of children
- Prevent other adults from developing a relationship with her key children
- Form a dependency on an individual child
AS THE PRE-SCHOOL MANAGER
Day to Day management
Ensure the room is set up for each session Welcoming the children & Parents Deal with any parental concerns referring them to the Head of School if required Ensure the health & safety of the staff and children Make sure that planned activities are resourced Make sure the sessions run smoothly
Planning and Monitoring
Plan activities with staff weekly around observations Ensure that all records are up to date Support Key workers
Work in co-operation with the school on all applications (responsible for initial letter) Provide acknowledgement letters Co-ordinate Student / parent helpers Provide a record of staff attendance Provide information for Parents via letters and Newsletters (updated) Undertake interviews as and when necessary Deal with all outside agencies
Christmas concert Photographer Teddy bear’s picnic Book Weeks & Mufti Days Annual outdoor visit (Of site) including risk assessments
Organise appropriate cover for all sessions.
Deal with staff queries and problems.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Keep up to date by attending relevant training courses Take any training courses deemed to be required to function as the Pre-School leader
Download the application form below, alternatively Catholic Education Service application forms are available to download from our website https://www.st-annes.hants.sch.uk/home/contact-us/vacancies or from Mrs Barbara Hough, School Business Manager on 01256 464165,
Return Application form by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR: in submitting an application you are consenting to your information being shared with the shortlisting and interview panel. Your application will then be stored in accordance with our retention records. Further information is available on our website.
Closing Date : Friday 22nd October