Job Description: Head of Admissions & Marketing
Reflections is a part of the Dukes Education group. Dukes Education is a family of schools and educators, brought together by a common purpose: to give children the foundations for an extraordinary life, through education.
Reporting to the Headteacher and forming a critical part of the school’s Leadership Team, the Head of Admissions & Marketing is Reflections’ brand ambassador and guardian.
Head of Admissions & Marketing is responsible for all activities relating to recruitment, retention, and reputation for Reflections. They are responsible for developing and implementing the admissions and marketing strategy for the nursery and school. The key focus of this role is to help fill the nursery and school with pupils by growing the Reflections brand and the local reputation of the nursery and school.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Job Title: Head of Admissions & Marketing
Location: Administration Office
Reports To: Headteacher
Dotted line: Dotted line to Director of Admissions & Marketing at Dukes Education
Direct Reports: Marketing Support Officer
Working Arrangements: Full Time
- Design and implementation of Marketing and Admissions strategic plans, including an annual Marketing plan to be presented to the Head and Director of Marketing & Admissions at Dukes for approval.
- Understand the dynamics within the catchment area.
- Commissioning new research where necessary and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Understand the dynamics of the independent school market and resultant impact on schools and nurseries within the catchment area e.g., fee increases, business growth within the local area etc.
- Identify the key target audiences and understand their needs within the market.
- Manage all brand advertising, creating bespoke marketing campaigns to fulfil recruitment needs.
- Review competitor offer and recommend core USPs for the school.
- Understand the pupil roll history of the nursery and school and its competitors, making recommendations of where to focus to grow the pupil roll.
- Understand the customer experience in the nursery and school for prospective parents and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with SLT and the Headteacher to ensure that the marketing strategy is understood and supported within the school.
- Guide and support the development of the school’s strategic plan.
- Set clear enquiry and conversion targets to meet overall pupil growth targets and ambitions.
- Monitor monthly expenditure to ensure that the budget is on track and highlight issues where appropriate.
- Drive the creative development of the proposition and for each campaign to ensure that the final execution meets the brief and delivers to the objectives.
- Brief and plan the media spend for the school to drive efficiencies where possible.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of all marketing collateral.
- Oversee production of all promotional photography and videography.
- Manage the website with the support of the headteacher and school admin/office team.
- Line management of the Marketing Support Officer
- Work with the training manager to market the apprentice training programme.
- Manage the marketing strategy for generating revenue from the digital archive resource.
- Work with school stakeholders to generate interesting rich content for school’s communication channels, including management of school social media channels
- Engage prospective & current parents and all staff by creating informative newsletters, marketing emails, invitations, surveys, and other communications.
- Work with Director of Communications at Dukes to capitalise on PR opportunities.
- Contribute to the wider Dukes Marketing & Admissions community.
- Working closely with the headteacher to develop a strategic plan for Admissions throughout the whole School.
- Manage admissions pipeline from enquiry to enrolment, with support of administration team.
- Line management of Admin Support Officer(s).
- Understand the local area including its demographics, economic and social profile, and school provision to inform the Admissions strategy and tactics.
- Monitor trends in numbers of enquiries, applications, and acceptances.
- Regularly review and monitor the effectiveness of the Admissions strategy and process to continuously improve.
- Strengthen our relationship with and understanding of feeder nurseries to ensure is well-positioned in their thinking.
- Ensure that the Admissions Office is fully integrated and engaged with all aspects of the school’s life.
- Be responsible for all policies which pertain to Admissions.
- Be responsible for all Open Mornings and Open Events, working with the SLT and teaching staff to deliver events which engage visitors and promote the school in the best ways possible.
- Develop and maintain staff awareness of the importance of Admissions and Marketing and their responsibilities within its process.
- Use all available performance data to improve and enhance the school’s recruitment and admissions process.
- Represent Reflections at events at feeder nurseries.
- Develop, plan, and deliver Taster Days and Induction Days for prospective and incoming pupils to the school and settling in sessions for the children and families in the nursery.
- Provide regular reports on the pipeline funnel for marketing and admissions, including group-wide systems such as Salesforce.
Dukes Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.