Are you ready for an exciting new challenge? Do you have experience of early education and childcare provision at a strategic level? Are you ready to support the Alliance's mission to create better futures for children and families, particularly those of the most disadvantaged? If yes, then this is the role for you.
The Early Years Alliance is recruiting a Children's Services Director to head our Children's Services department. Hybrid working is available with this role and is based on the needs of the service – (travel to nurseries and pre-schools will be a key requirement of the role).
The Children's Services Director will be responsible for the strategic direction for all new and existing Alliance registered early education and childcare provision. You will establish and maintain a culture of innovation, engagement, creativity, inclusion, and wellbeing across the portfolio which demonstrates the uniqueness of the Alliance’s childcare offer. If you have a passion for early years and driven to support children and their families - this role could be for you!
What we offer:
At the Early Years Alliance staff wellbeing is a key priority and we believe in offering a range of initiatives that support all of our staff:
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Access to a Learning Management System (LMS) for personal and professional learning and development
- Family Friendly Policies, workplace pension scheme
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint and online support
- Access to qualified Mental Health First Aiders and a wide range of wellbeing support
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- The Children's Services Director will work with the Chief Executive and senior management team to ensure the charity’s registered early education and childcare provision demonstrably contributes to its strategic plan and mission statement.
- To lead on the use of management information systems and processes to analyse, benchmark and monitor performance across all Alliance early education and childcare provision, ensuring performance is of the highest quality and contributes to the mission statement.
- To collaborate effectively with all Alliance Directorates to ensure delivery of the strategic plan and mission statement.
- To establish and maintain an effective relationship with Ofsted and other relevant statutory bodies in relation to Directorate activities.
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Must hold a management and or leadership qualification.
- Proven experience as a senior leader within early years including effective management of staff, setting targets, conducting appraisals and managing performance/capability.
- Able to provide evidence of financial and commercial awareness with strong analytical skills and a rapid response to problem solving.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the current issues and challenges facing the early years sector and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Ofsted registration and inspection and other statutory requirements including health and safety and safeguarding children.
Hours per week: 35
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: 8th & 10th December 2021
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.