Bright Explorers Day Nursery is looking for a fun, bubbly exciting nursery chef who will take responsibility for providing nutritious, healthy, and freshly prepared meals for up to 58 children a day.
At Bright Explorers Day Nursery, we aspire for exceptional standards and are therefore looking for someone accordingly. You will be responsible for following our menu whilst being aware of dietary and health and safety requirements. You will also be responsible for the overall running of the nursery kitchen.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience as a chef or cook, ideally from childcare or care setting (1 year experience minimum )
- Up to date Food level 2/3 hygiene certificate
- Good knowledge of health and safety requirements
- DBS and satisfactory references
- To work as part of the team
- Good knowledge and understanding of Environmental health food safety regulations
- High standards of personal hygiene and general cleanliness
Main duties & tasks
- Cooking and preparing healthy and nutritious food in accordance with Bright Explorers Day Nursery menus
- Consult with the Nursery Manager regarding weekly menus.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of food are stored in appropriate conditions.
- To order weekly supply lists with the manager
- To be responsible for keeping the kitchen and all equipment clean and tidy.
- To observe high standards of food hygiene during the preparation, cooking, and serving of all food.
- To be responsible for cleaning and defrosting fridge and freezers as necessary.
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are implemented at all times and carried out effectively with support.
- To attend internal and external training as requested.
- To attend monthly team meetings/training out of nursery hours as requested.
- To liaise with external professionals, for example, environmental health, where necessary.
- To work as part of a team and support colleagues.
- To liaise with your Line Manager
- To undertake other reasonable duties as required by your Line Manager.
- To provide healthy and nutritious food for all children in accordance with the Food Trust guidance and in a way that supports the beliefs of Bright Explorers Day Nursery
- To work in partnership with parents.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Bright Explorers Day Nursery
- To work effectively as part of a team in a way that is consistent with the business values.
- Continuous Professional Development