Due to our expanding numbers in the Little Lions Nursery - we now have several posts for either full or part time Nursery Practitioners.
This is an exciting time to join Dwight following the recent expansion of our outstanding Early Years provision to accommodate 2 year-olds. Little Lions Nursery has its own setting on the same grounds as the primary school, where our child-centered approach provides a warm and welcoming environment for our children.
Little Lions Nursery is part of Dwight School London, an International Baccalaureate World School with a rich diversity of cultures, nationalities and experiences, with over 50 nationalities represented and over 40 languages spoken. We are a small, very friendly and supportive community with high aspirations for our students, and high expectations of our staff. We are committed to the IB philosophy of educating for a better, more peaceful world. Dwight is a values driven organisation and the successful candidate will have to demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to student-led, inquiry-based learning.
In return you will have opportunities for professional development, the support of a resourceful, experienced and dedicated line-manger, friendly and helpful colleagues, a supportive parent body and all the advantages of a vibrant, diverse and welcoming international community.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be an enthusiastic cheerful member of the Nursery team
- Ensure a high standard of care and a shared responsibility for the welfare, learning and development of all children.
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment, working with initiative, creativity and patience to foster an environment that encourages the children’s all-round development.
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with parents and families.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience of working with young children
- Are patient and enjoy working with children
- Have a good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements and a willingness to learn the International Baccalaureate (IB) philosophy
- Have experience of a following a Child-Centered Approach
- Have experience of outdoor learning provision
- Have a Level 3 qualification, working within Early Years
- Have competent IT skills
In return we can offer:
- A supportive and innovative leadership team
- Professional development opportunities
- Collaboration with colleagues in other Dwight schools across the globe
- An environment that nurtures personal growth and values individual contributions
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people in a values-driven organisation
How to Apply:
Please apply via the employment opportunities page on our school website via this link: https://www.dwightlondon.org/about/employment-opportunities
In your supporting statement of no more than 2 pages, please provide an example of a time when you have communicated effectively and that had a positive impact on children, and explain how you meet the requirements of the Job Summary and Person Specification.
Dwight School London is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.