Mark Warner specialise in superb family activity holidays to stunning beach locations in the Mediterranean and to top ski resorts in Europe.
Who we are
With over 45 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We’ve received numerous accolades and were recently voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator’.
Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff. We are very proud of our professional and committed childcare teams.
What are we looking for?
Our childcare team works to a weekly rota, we operate a keyworker system, implement strict ratios, split our children into age related clubs and look for daily structure.
We’re looking for fun loving, creative individuals with a natural affinity with children and a desire to deliver exceptional customer service for an unforgettable holiday experience for our parents and their children.
Are you a team player? Do you have bags of energy, plenty of initiative, patience, encouragement and a professional ‘can do’ attitude to help us maintain our high standards?
If yes, don’t miss out.
As Childcare Manager you’ll have proven management skills and experience leading and supporting a large team. You’ll have an excellent understanding of the dynamics of childcare and guarantee the effective management and organisation of the department whilst ensuring in every children’s club your team deliver the highest level of care in a safe, happy, stimulating environment.
- Ensure your team deliver an unforgettable holiday experience to parents and children
- Ensure standards, ratios and conditions of registration are maintained at all times
- Maintain up-to-date records for all children
- Implement health and safety policies, ensure fully operational on a daily basis
- Audit, evaluate and manage risk ensuring any remedial action is taken immediately
- Establish high standards of organisation and co-ordination within your department
- Action and monitor any parents’ child-related issues
- Actively promote the childcare department to all guests, ensuring parents and guardians are well informed about the department, its services and facilities
- Manage staff reviews, appraisals and any disciplinary or grievances matters
- Support and supervise all staff with their day-to-day duties
- Ensure all childcare staff are trained, motivated, appraised and developed in a positive and effective manner
- Monitor and control department costs
- Develop a good relationship with the Hotel Manager and Assistant Manager and provide support to all departments as a member of the Heads of Department Team
Qualifications and Experience
We accept many childcare qualifications including CACHE, NNEB, City & Guilds and BTEC National Diplomas. On-the-job experience is just as important and we are delighted to accept applicants with 2 years’ experience and Creche Management is desirable. For comprehensive details, please refer to our website. A DBS will be required upon offer of a position.
At the end of the day
This is an incredible opportunity to combine your love for working with children whilst experiencing life in an exciting new country, learning new activities from windsurfing to tennis and exploring superb places on your days off with great friends.
In addition to an exciting and fulfilling season we’re committed to offer you a fantastic package that includes:
- Comfortable Accommodation
- All Meals - 3 meals a day/7 days a week
- Use of the Hotel Sports Equipment and Facilities,
- Smart Uniform
- Holiday Concessions for Family & Friends
- A Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to Work Year-Round
- Management Development
- If you’re looking for adventure, want to try new experiences and are keen to develop your skills come join our fun-loving childcare team now!
Please note: All applicants must have an EU/UK passport, British National Insurance Number and British bank account.