Do you have experience working with families and children - and a relevant qualification at Level 3?
Would you like to work part-time in a fun, vibrant, friendly team?
Can you achieve outstanding outcomes for children (0-11 yrs) and their families?
We pride ourselves on valuing our staff and treating them with respect and kindness, and if you meet our requirements, we would be delighted to receive your application.
In our Family Centres, we provide information, help and services to children under 11 years old and their families. You'll work in our Family Centres across Hertfordshire, helping us to deliver the high quality service we're known for.
Benefits: As well as fulfilling work and lots of support from your manager, we offer a health cash plan, community gym membership, discounted nursery membership and life cover.
What you'll be doing:
We promise you won't get bored! You'll provide a range of engagement activities in working with parents, carers, families and children, supporting the engagement of parents in the development and learning of their children. It's a really hands-on role.
Here are some examples of the rewarding work you'll undertake - but please look at the job description for more information! (If you are reading this on a third-party website, you will find the job description on the vacancy listing on One YMCA's careers pages).
- Helping parents to engage in their children’s development and learning
- Delivering sessions and activities to parents and children (this will include pre-recorded sessions which will go on social media platforms)
- Contacting parents to remind them about what we offer and encourage them to engage with our services
- Co-ordinating the provision of services to families by working with multi-disciplinary teams, which may include health visitors, social workers and early years practitioners
- Helping in the daily running of the Family Centres, such as dealing with enquiries and bookings
You will need a full driving licence and suitably insured car during work hours, since you will be required to travel between sites.
You will be based in Welwyn Hatfield District but work across the East Quadrant (Broxbourne, East Herts and Welwyn Hatfield)
Hours and pay:
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. The salary is £18,333 per annum.
HOW TO APPLY - please read carefully!
You must apply via the vacancy listing on One YMCA's careers pages.
When you click 'Apply' you will be asked to complete a short application form. In that form, there is a box called "Supporting Information". In that box, please make sure you provide information about your experience or ability in the following areas:
1) Knowledge of the development needs of children from birth to 11 yrs (and the importance of empowering parents to support their child’s learning and development
2) Experience or willingness to deliver sessions and courses to families via digital and social media platforms which will include pre-recorded videos and live streaming.
3) Experience of working within a childcare or family support setting
4) Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, EHM system (or other web based systems), Smart phone devices
Interviews are expected to take place on 10th December.
Please apply promptly since we may consider applications as they come in. Please remember to submit your application once you have finished (by pressing the "Complete" button on the final page) or it will be marked as incomplete.
An Enhanced Disclosure DBS check is required for this role.