Early Years Practitioner
Rotherly, The Westgate’s Nursery
Permanent contract – commencing Tuesday 4th January 2022
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
(part-time would be considered for exceptional candidate)
4 days per week – 7.45am to 6.00pm
Grade C, Salary £18,933 - £19,941 pa
£500 welcome bonus
We are looking for an experienced Early Years Practitioner to join our successful team and assist in the provision of a high standard of childcare in our Nursery. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is dedicated to early years with a passion for inclusive practice.
We pride ourselves on providing a nurturing, safe and caring environment where the happiness and well-being of each child is paramount. For more information on the setting, visit http://www.westgate.hants.sch.uk/rotherly-day-nursery, including what our parents say.
The successful applicant will be required to work across all age groups 0-4yrs and should have a minimum Level 3 qualification in Childcare and relevant experience of Early Years.
The successful candidate will:
- Have obtained English qualifications to GCSE Grade 4, or their equivalent.
- Be committed to the highest possible levels of achievement for every pupil
- Be cheerful, flexible and approachable
- Show initiative within the role and have good time management skills
- Be a hard-working team player in order to support the growth and development of the children in our care.
- Have the patience and imagination to encourage children to build on their skills.
- Have some understanding and experience with children.
- Have excellent communication skills.
We can offer:
- The chance to be a part of a highly-skilled and friendly team in the All Through School
- The opportunity to develop own skills and experience in all aspects of Early Years child care
- Where there are suitable courses, we are happy to support in apprenticeship training
- 24 days paid holiday a year increasing to 27 days after 5 years
- Sick pay and a pension scheme
- A Health & Fitness Suite available to staff
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a d Disclosure and barring Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied
which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the
population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less
favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief,
sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a
Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.
Visits are welcome – to arrange, please contact Liz Woodall by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please go to http://www.westgate.hants.sch.uk/vacancies for the job description and application form. Please return completed forms to email@example.com
Forms can also be downloaded from the bottom of this page or click apply now to redirect to the company website.
Closing Date: Monday 6th December 2021 (12noon)
Interview Date: To be confirmed