Early Years Educator (Hackney Campus)
£19,446 per annum (pro-rated salary)
Full Time, Term Time only 38 Weeks (0.83 FTE)
It is an exciting time to join a vibrant team.
We are looking for a full-time Early Years Educator to start ASAP. Please see below requirements:
• Must hold a relevant Early Years Qualification to at least level 3.
• You will be someone who is dynamic, has the ability to work as part of a team, be able to use your initiative and have a high level of both written and spoken English.
• DBS certificate/ Clean criminal record
• Paediatric First Aid certificate
• Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and child development
• Has a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
• Must have the ability to pretend to eat playdough creations realistically. This is an essential requirement along with drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
• Must have the ability to read a ten-page story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
• Must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day.
• Loves being outside come rain or shine. We have a great outside space.
• Believes strongly in creativity, collaboration and critical thinking for themselves and the children they teach.
• Experience of working with children with English as additional language and children with additional needs would be an advantage.
If the above sounds like you, and you think you fit the criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 03rd January 2022
Interviews will take place week commencing w/c 10th January 2022
New City College is the dynamic group of further education colleges in East London which comprises Tower Hamlets College, Hackney Community College, Epping Forest College Redbridge College, Havering College of Further & Higher Education and Havering Sixth form College. Our 6-college merger places the group at the forefront of further education in the region. With a turnover of £100m, 20,000 students and 2000 staff it is one of the strongest and most influential further education organisations in the country.
Our college environment is second to none. We have industry standard facilities and equipment at all campuses, expert staff and partnerships with other high-profile organisations which all prepare students for progression to higher education or successful careers.
East London is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. As we develop our longer-term vision, we will continue to ensure that we invest in our staff and other resources to provide a distinctive offer and excellent, supportive learning environment which meets the needs of students and employers and prepares local people for the changing workforce of the area.
To apply for this vacancy and for further information please visit our website: https://www.ncclondon.ac.uk/work-for-us or contact Human Resources, New City College, Poplar High Street, London E14 0AF. Tel: 020 7510 7712. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date given is a guide only. There may be some occasions where we have to close a vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.