Nursery Nurse (Level 2) starting from: £16,675-18,000
Nursery Nurse (Level 3) starting from: £18,000-22,000
Morning star Nursery is a family run business based in North London. We have been running for over 9 years and have been proud to achieve a good Ofsted rating. We believe that the Nursery should be fun for everyone and that everyone within the nursery setting should achieve their personal best whatever that should be. We are here to support and guide you as you continue your career within our setting.
The exciting opportunity
Full time hours could be between Monday - Friday 7:30am - 6pm.
What we are searching for
We are look for individuals who are looking to join our family who have a real passion for early years and the children in their care. We are looking for someone with excellent experience of caring and teaching children from 2 years old and running a key group of children. We are looking for people who are creative and always looking to challenge themselves and their creativity.
We are looking for passionate and competent individuals who put 100% commitment and effort in everything that they do.
A nursery nurse is responsible for providing a safe and develop an appropriate baby, toddler or pre school program in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
Develop and implement an appropriate baby, toddler or pre school program for young children
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
- Provide nutritious snacks and lunches
- Provide adequate equipment and activities
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Provide weekly and monthly schedules of activities
- Develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
- Develop activities that introduce math and literacy concepts
- Establish policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies
- Be familiar with emergency procedures
Supervise children in the baby room, toddler room or pre school room
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling
- Build children’s esteem
- Comfort children
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Implement positive discipline when required
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- Observe children and make note of progress
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
Communicate with parents and members of the community
- Discuss children’s development with parents
- Discuss identified problems and needs with professionals as appropriate
- Participate in community activities
- Promote literacy and early education
Maintain program administration
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress
- Develop and maintain current, accurate and confidential client files
- Develop daily activity plans
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
- NVQ level 2/ level 3
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
- EYFS Observation, Assessment and Planning training
- Up to date with latest relevant research and theories
The candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Child development and early education theories and practices
- Safe and appropriate activities for children
- Relevant legislation, policies and procedures to ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Team building skills
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Teaching skills
The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Day Care Worker.
The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be able to build esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment.
Please download the job description and application form at the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a criminal records check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.