ROOM LEADERS / EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONERS
Accommodation is provided
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the opening team for a brand new day nursery in the magical holiday island of Alderney.
Alderney is a small, idyllic paradise located just a few miles off the coast of France - famous for its white sand beaches, diverse wildlife (including puffins, dolphins and blonde hedgehogs), 5 star standard food and multitude of pubs and sports clubs.
Accessible via a regular, 25 minute flight from the UK (commercial flights are multiple times a day),
Alderney is the Channel Island's hidden gem - a favourite amongst celebrities (Julie Andrew's has a cottage there, for example) for being quite, off the beaten track and very relaxed.
This role will be a supervisory position allowing the Practitioner to have a say in how the Nursery is set up and run.
Nursery is opening January 2022 subject to inspection and registration by the relevant authorities (States Early Years Team, ODPA, OEHPR and Fire Officer)
Candidates must be comfortable in leading a small team, this position will require helping unqualified staff gain their Level 2 & 3 qualifications.
It is essential that applicants have the following experience & qualifications, in order for the Nursery to comply with the Minimum Standards of Day Nurseries as set out by Guernsey Early Years
- Minimum of a Level 3 qualification in childcare or education
- At least 2 years of experience
The Nursery is brand new - scheduled to open January 2022.
- Planning and supervising activities such as arts and crafts, music, baking and building
- Teaching literacy and numeracy through play-based lessons
- Singing, role play and story telling
- Taking children on outings
- Feeding and changing children
- Making observations and reports to log children's development
- Ensuring the health and safety of the children
- Communicating effectively with parents, children and other staff
- Leading your allocated room and the staff within it ensuring everyone is performing their set tasks
- Performing staff appraisals with the help of the Nursery Manager
- Delivering training and support, with help of the Nursery Manager
- Covering the Nursery Manager when he/she is not available
- Ensuring the curriculum is being taught to the highest standard
- To delegate tasks within your allocated room