About The Role
The Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider for childcare services. We have an exciting opportunity in our Foxhollies Nursery based in Birmingham. The nursery is part of a group of full daycare nurseries that provides childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with the Birmingham City Council and the Department of Education.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal; and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- You will be responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and healthy kitchen environment and preparing and serving nutritional meals to children and adults.
- You will regulate kitchen stock control and ensure that specific dietary requirements are met.
- A current Food Hygiene Certificate and a current First Aid Certificate.
- The ability to organise, plan and cook nutritious meals.
- You will also need an awareness of food allergies and health and safety issues.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
Hours per week: 20
Weeks per year: 52
Interview date: TBC
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.
If you would like to know more about this setting, please visit https://www.eyalliance.org.uk/foxhollies