About The Role
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about working with children and families and is looking for their first role within an early years setting. As an Early Years Assistant, you do not need to be qualified, however we will encourage and support you to obtain your early years qualification. This role is at our Northend Nursery based in Erith.
Northend Nursery is situated on the ground floor of Northend Children's Centre. Transport links are good, being a 20 minute walk from Slade Green Station and we are on local bus routes 89, 99 and 428.
What we offer:
At the Early Years Alliance staff wellbeing is a key priority and we believe in offering a range of initiatives that support all of our staff:
- Access to a Learning Management System (LMS), 3 training days a year, plus personalised training plans for employees
- Family Friendly Policies, workplace pension scheme
- Nursery Management Information system to reduce paperwork (Family), and central admin support
- Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint and online support
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Access to qualified mental health first aiders and a wide range of wellbeing support.
- Attendance to a National Conference, team social events and uniform
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- 10% discount on childcare places
- To be a proactive member of the team that provides a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment in which children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- To support the Nursery Management team in delivering high quality care following policies and procedures.
- Previous experience with young children, a friendly,flexible approach.
- Willingness to undertake training leading to a recognised childcare qualification.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 16
Weeks per year: 52
Virtual interview date: TBC
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.
If you would like to know more about this setting, please visit https://www.eyalliance.org.uk/northend-nursery