KITCHEN ASSISTANT – Bumpkins, Royston
We are seeking a part-time Nursery Kitchen Assistant to join our thriving team at our Bumpkins Day Nursery in Royston.
We all know that there can be crises or unexpected situations in our lives when an understanding and supportive employer makes all the difference. At All About Children, we care about all of our colleagues and we’re committed to providing flexibility and support when needed.
Working for All About Children also comes with the many benefits that working for a big company brings, including the vast opportunities to move between different nurseries across different locations. However, we have a small company mentality and each nursery is unique in its own right. This provides all members of our teams with different experiences and the ability to make their own mark on the care that they provide to the children in our care.
Kitchen Assistant – Qualifications & Experience
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Capable of working under pressure in an organised way.
- Experience of working in a childcare environment would be preferred
- Knowledge of food preparation for special dietary needs i.e. vegetarian, cultural.
- Ability to work with children in preparing simple snacks and baking preparation.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Kitchen Assistant – Key Responsibilities
- Assisting the Chef/Cook in the preparation of weekly menus, catering for all children, in line with the food and drink policy.
- To maintain adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions.
- To ensure the kitchen and all kitchen equipment is kept clean and tidy.
- To clean and defrost fridge and freezer as necessary.
- To observe high standards of food hygiene during the preparation, cooking and serving of all foods.
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and personal appearance in accordance with the Company’s hygiene policy.
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role of Kitchen Assistant please get in touch today, we are waiting to hear from you!