NURSERY COOK - LEO'S DAY NURSERY, ARNOLD, NOTTINGHAM
Do you love children and creating beautiful food in equal quantities?
If you have previous experience in this unique setting, then we would to hear from you as we are currently looking for a qualified Nursery Cook to work Monday - Friday between 20 - 25 hours per week.
The Nursery Chef will be responsible for preparing snack, lunch and tea for all children in the nursery, adhering to agreed menus and maintaining high levels of cleanliness in all aspects of work. This is a permanent role and is offering a competitive basic salary and additional wider benefits, including opportunities for possible future career progression.
Nursery Chef – Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum two years’ proven catering experience.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Capable of working under pressure in an organised way.
- Experience of working in a childcare environment.
- Knowledge of food preparation for special dietary needs i.e. vegetarian, cultural.
- Ability to work with children in preparing simple snacks and baking preparation.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Nursery Chef – Key Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Nursery Manager be responsible for the preparation of weekly menus, catering for all children, in line with the food and drink policy.
- Ensure all meal planning and food ordering is in line with the agreed catering budgets.
- To ensure that all children with allergies are catered for in compliance with our allergies policy as well as maintaining the allergen file.
- To maintain adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions.
- To ensure the kitchen and all kitchen equipment is kept clean and tidy.
- To clean and defrost fridge and freezer as necessary.
- To observe high standards of food hygiene during the preparation, cooking and serving of all foods.
- Maintain the Safer Food, Better Business documentation on a daily basis to comply with food safety management procedures and food hygiene regulations.
- To undertake baking activities with the children.
- To promote healthy eating with the children and staff.
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and personal appearance in accordance with the Company’s hygiene policy.
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role of Nursery Chef please get in touch today, we are waiting to hear from you!