Required from: January 2022
Contract term: Part Time- Permanent
Hours: 20 Hours per week
Salary: £22,599 pro rata to £9,951.51pa
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and inspirational team and play a key role supporting teaching and learning at Royal High Prep School.
You will help to supervise activities in the classroom and work with children on an individual, small group or whole class basis. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to the teacher and making sure the classroom is set up and ready for lessons
- Providing extra support to the children and assisting with their class work
- Assisting the teacher with planning activities and completing records
- Supporting the teacher in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities within the classroom
- Assisting with school trips
Previous experience is not required, but an NVQ level 3 in a childcare related subject is essential, as are good literacy and numeracy skills and a genuine passion for learning and teaching.
You will be working in facilities that offer first class opportunities to challenge and stimulate the girls in their learning. All girls throughout the school like using our spacious, well-equipped classrooms and enjoy the beautiful grounds.
About the School:
Royal High School Bath is an academically selective, independent day and boarding school for 750 girls aged 3-18, situated in the historic city of Bath. The Prep school is situated in Lower Weston and the Senior School on Lansdown Road.
Royal High School Bath is a vibrant community and a highly rewarding place to work. We offer generous terms and conditions of employment, career development opportunities and the chance to join a friendly and dedicated staff community.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 17 January 2022.
You will be invited to the Prep School for an interview and a task with the Head and Deputy Head of the Prep School.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.