At Magic Roundabout Nurseries we’re all about creating an enjoyable and loving early-years environment with an emphasis on our core values of teamwork, integrity, and diversity. We have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and driven early years educator to join our friendly and committed team in our Walthamstow graded ‘Good’ nursery full-time (40 hours per week), just 10 minutes walking distances from Highams Park Station and a short bus journey from Walthamstow Central.
What we offer you:
· Excellent salary and regular salary reviews, starting salary is from £18,550 to £23,000
· 31 days Annual Leave*
· Excellent in-house training, fully funded training courses and opportunities to gain further qualifications, including funding and paid time off for Level 3’s.
· Paid training including 3 inset days per year
· Career progression opportunities
· Childcare discount scheme
· Company Pension Scheme
· Free lunches and coffee provided
· A generous employee referral scheme. Any employee who successfully refers a candidate to us who starts full-time will receive a payment of £400!
· Well-being budget
· A brilliant team and work culture, providing parties and celebrations to our staff. We consider ourselves to be like a family, therefore we care about our staff and their wellbeing, as happy staff make happy children!
We are looking for a trained and experienced educator who has a strong desire to work with children, to encourage active learning and to promote strong parent/carer partnerships. The successful candidate must have strong knowledge of the EYFS, great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. You must also have excellent safeguarding knowledge.
You must have strong knowledge of the EYFS and great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. A level 2 or level 3 qualification in Childcare, or an equivalent, is required.
Your role at Magic Roundabout Nurseries:
- Our experienced team create a warm and inviting atmosphere which helps children and staff to settle quickly. You will take care to get to know each child, bond with them and identify their strengths and areas that need support to help them progress.
- You will ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
- You will ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which support all aspects and components of the EYFS curriculum.
- You must meet requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to EYFS matters, special needs, child protection, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- You must also work a flexible shift pattern within the nursery's opening hours.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and expect all staff to share this commitment, therefore we employ a strict screening process. Employment is thus subject to two satisfactory references and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. All candidates who have lived or worked abroad in the past 5 years will be required to provide us with an overseas criminal record check.
*Please note that all interviews will take place via Zoom, and if we have not contacted you within 5 working days, it is fair to assume that due to a number of possible reasons your application will not be pursued further in this instance.