At Magic Roundabout Nurseries we’re all about creating an enjoyable and loving early-years environment with an emphasis on our core values of teamwork, integrity, and diversity. We have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and driven Nursery Deputy Manager to assist in leading our dedicated team at our Ofsted graded 'Good' Walthamstow Nursery (full-time, 40 hours per week) registered for 120 children, just a 10-minute walk from Higham’s Park overground station and a 15-minute bus journey to Walthamstow Central. The ideal candidate should be from an Ofsted graded "Good" or "Outstanding" setting.
What we offer you:
· Excellent salary and regular salary reviews, starting salary is from £26,000 to £30,000.
· Occupancy & Performance related bonus targets of up to £10,000 per year on top of salary.
· Supernumerary position
· 33 days Annual Leave*
· Excellent in-house training, fully funded training courses and opportunities to gain further qualifications.
· Paid training including 3 inset days per year
· Career progression opportunities
· Childcare discount scheme
· Company Pension Scheme
· Free lunches and coffee provided
· A generous employee referral scheme. Any employee who successfully refers a candidate to us who starts full-time will receive a payment of £400!
· Well-being budget
· A brilliant team and work culture, providing parties and celebrations to our staff. We consider ourselves to be like a family, therefore we care about our staff and their wellbeing, as happy staff make happy children!
We are looking for a trained and experienced Nursery Deputy Manager who has a strong desire to work with children, to encourage active learning and to promote strong parent/carer partnerships. You must have At least NVQ Level 3 qualification in Childcare, an equivalent or higher management qualification and/or a further qualification in Childcare and at least one year experience as a Nursery Deputy Manager or similar role in an early years setting.
Your role at Magic Roundabout Nurseries:
To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring the day to day operation of the nursery is kept to high standard. To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, child protection and Health and Safety is complied with, and that company policies and procedures are adhered to. To assist in monitoring and managing staff, continually improve practice and support the nursery team. The nursery is open Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 7.00 pm - 51 weeks per year, so you must be flexible for the rotating shift pattern within opening hours. For full job description and person specification please reply to this job advertisement.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and expect all staff to share this commitment, therefore we employ a strict screening process. Employment is thus subject to two satisfactory references and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. All candidates who have lived or worked abroad in the past 5 years will be required to provide us with an overseas criminal record check.
*Please note that all interviews will take place via Zoom, and if we have not contacted you within 5 working days, it is fair to assume that due to a number of possible reasons your application will not be pursued further in this instance.