The Early Years Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
A Better Start Southend (ABSS) funds interventions that directly improve the life chances of babies and young children. The programme funding is over ten years, ending in 2025. The programme of activities places parents alongside professionals to drive system change and transform maternity care and parent support.
We are looking to recruit flexible (bank) staff to our Creche team.
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
- To provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children and to maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
- To meet children’s learning and development needs by providing stimulating and age-appropriate play and learning in the crèche, as directed by senior staff
- To ensure the continuous quality improvement of the crèche informed by a sound knowledge and understanding of the Core Beliefs and Values of the Charity
- To supervise the children where required and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations
- To monitor child progress and attainment in line with EYFS
- Minimum - CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Pre-school Practice, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Level 1 Safeguarding
- Current experience of working in an early years setting
Hours per week: Bank - Hours will be on an as and when required basis.
Virtual interview date: Friday 29th January 2022
Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
In your application, please specifically demonstrate how you meet each of the essential and any of the desirable criteria.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.
Successful applicants will need to provide a 'right to work in the UK' documentation, undertake a DBS and provide minimum of three satisfactory references (or enough to cover 5 years of employment) prior to commencing employment.