Montessori Group Teacher Vacancy
Salary: Highly competitive and dependent on experience
Location: St Andrews Montessori School, Thornhill Square, Islington, N1 1BQ
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of work (term time): Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am- 2pm
St. Andrew’s Montessori School has been open since 1996. In the early days it consisted of two classrooms and 14 children. Word of mouth and support from local families has helped the school go from strength to strength, and it’s now a thriving, busy little gem in the heart of Islington.
We are now looking for an Early Years Montessori Teacher to join our team. The team of staff at St. Andrew’s Montessori is a special one. If you feel like you have something valuable to add to our team then we’d like to know.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing lessons
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning organising and supervising play and work activities.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding early years practitioner
- Hold a Montessori Teaching qualification
- Have excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
- Have a clear educational philosophy and vision regarding early years learning and teaching
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with both students and parents
- EYT Status would be advantageous
The nursery is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please send your CV via the form below for the attention of Nicola Byrne.