Nursery Practitioner (2 Posts) Level 2 & Level 3 are available
Location: Close to Stamford Brook station and a short walk or bus ride from Goldhawk road station. Bus routes available 237, 218, 94.
28 Holidays entitlement inc. Bank Holidays
Ladybird Nursery is looking for practitioners who are dedicated and share our enthusiasm for providing high quality childcare. Ladybird Nursery create an innovative nursery environment designed to deliver the very highest quality childcare, focused on maximising children’s learning potential.
What do you have to achieve:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery.
- To ensure all children are safeguarded and their welfare and safety is promoted
- To give support to other team members throughout the nursery.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- Work with and support children
- Work as part of the team
- Build and maintain strong partnership with parents
Responsible to: Nursery Manager/ Deputy Managers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members.
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and key adults in the child’s life.
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedures to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure.
- Support all staff and engage in good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnership and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities. E.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment’s etc.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family background or medical history
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- Ensure good standard of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the manager.
- Support others in delivering the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, both within work hours and outside.
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter via the form below.