Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Nursery Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Place of Work: 3 Springfield Road, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 0BD
Collingwood School are currently looking for a Nursery Manager. This is a great opportunity for a passionate Early Years Practitioner or experience Manager to Join our Nursery.
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery based in Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 3 year -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour.
It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+.
We are looking for a Nursery Manager who is passionate, supportive, hardworking and able to progress our nursery forward.
At Collingwood school we provide a stimulating environment in all areas where our pupils can be challenged by new and exciting topics and learning adventures. The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning and able to enhance our pupils learning.
We are looking for you as our Nursery Manager to be able to demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• Full and relevant Level 5 Childcare qualification (NVQ5, EYTS, QTS, B.ed or above)
• Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
• Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
• Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff
• Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
• Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
• Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
• Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
• Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
• A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
• Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
As our Nursery manager you will be leading an excellent team of practitioners, you will have autonomy to progress the nursery and be instrumental in creating a high quality setting where all children can thrive.
In addition all Inspired Learning Group staff are able to benefit from;
• Competitive Salary
• Annual salary review
• Professional Development and Training opportunities with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows
• Ongoing coaching from the management team
• Childcare fee discount
• Annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays with Annual leave increasing with service
• Pension scheme
• Refer a friend scheme up to £750
• Performance based incentives
• Health cash plan covering 10 healthcare benefits and services such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world
• Employee Assistance Programme.
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).