Room Leader – Daybread Nursery, Rickmansworth Town Centre
New Starter Bonus of £1,000 (as per T&C’s)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Room Leader to join our nursery in Rickmansworth.
The Room Leader will be assisting and support the Nursery Manager in the day-to-day management and running of the Nursery. The Room Leader is a permanent role, offering a competitive basic salary and additional wider benefits, including opportunities for future career progression.
The Daybreak Town Centre Nursery is situated right in the heart of Rickmansworth Town Centre and is our second nursery in the vicinity. Situated within the popular High Street of Rickmansworth, offering a wide range of exciting experiences for the children to visit and be involved in. These include trips to ‘The Aquadrome’, Watersmeet Theatre (adjoining building), local shops, fire station and train station. Our children also have access to an outdoor play area and free-flow access from our preschool room making this a beautiful place to learn and for our dedicated employees to work in!
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of doing rather than the end result.
Room Leader – Qualifications & Experience
- You must hold a minimum L3 childcare qualification with a passion to upskill further
- Be a positive role model to our children and your team!
- Do you want to work for an organisation that respects individuality and creativity?
- Wanting to work within a large group that maintains an independent feel?
- Have strong EYFS knowledge
- Previous experience implementing an EYFS curriculum
Room Leader – Key Responsibilities
- Act as Room Leader and to implement the EYFS curriculum.
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate children’s records.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the deputy manager if required to do so.
- Support, mentor and supervise room staff in their day-to-day duties and monitor their paperwork including planning and learning journeys on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.