EARLY YEARS DEPUTY MANAGER - LEO'S DAY NURSERY, ARNOLD, NOTTINGHAM
New starter bonus £1,000 (as per T&Cs)
We are recruiting for passionate and dedicated full time Deputy Manager for our Leo's Day Nursery in Arnold, Nottingham.
Children are at the heart of our approach in everything that we do and aspire to. One of our ethos statements is “We have the courage to put children before anything else”, and this truly sets the tone for how we value the children that we care for. As a practitioner you will be supported to work within ‘The Curiosity Approach’ helping children to gain confidence, encourage curiosity and prepare them for a life and love of learning
Deputy Manager - Overview
To assist and support in the day-to-day management and running of the nursery and to undertake limited responsibility for some of the overall day-to-day tasks required.
Deputy Manager – Qualifications & Experience
- You must hold a minimum L3 childcare qualification with a passion to upskill further
- Be a positive role model to our children and your team!
- Do you want to work for an organisation that respects individuality and creativity?
- Wanting to work within a large group that maintains an independent feel?
- Have strong EYFS knowledge
- Previous experience implementing an EYFS curriculum
Deputy Manager – Key Responsibilities
- To support the Nursery Manager in the day to day running of the Nursery
- To support in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, child protection and Health and Safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the Deputy Manager if required.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Be fully aware of emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery and take full responsibility for opening/closing the nursery as required.
- Work with the manager to fully understand and be able to support staff during Ofsted inspections and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Work alongside the Manager learning how to monitor and control budgets and maintaining petty cash systems and in assessing interaction and child facing skills during the recruitment process.
- Support with induction procedure for all new staff, and ongoing supervisions and appraisals.
Deputy Manager – What we can offer YOU!
- A friendly and supportive team
- Opportunities for professional development and training –3 CPD courses per year
- Online Learning Journals with eyLog and paperless planning
- A competitive salary, free uniform, separate staff areas and discounted childcare from day one
- 1 week closure over Christmas
- New starter bonus £1,000 (as per T&Cs)
- Unlimited Refer a friend up to £1,000 (as per T&Cs)
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role please contact us today.