NURSERY MANAGER - WESTFIELDS DAY NURSERY, CHELTENHAM, GL53 0DQ
NEW STARTER BONUS OF £1,000 (as per T&C’s)
Are you an experienced manager with the ability to create a culture of curiosity, awe and wonder in beautiful and natural surroundings? We are recruiting for a passionate and dedicated full time Nursery Manager at Westfields Day Nursery in Cheltenham.
Children are at the heart of our approach in everything that we do and aspire to. One of our ethos statements is “We have the courage to put children before anything else”, and this truly sets the tone for how we value the children that we care for.
The Nursery Manager is a full-time, permanent role, offering a competitive basic salary and additional wider benefits, including opportunities for future career progression.
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to
be engaged in the joy of doing rather than the end result.
Nursery Manager - Overview
This position requires previous experience in managing the day-to-day running of a Nursery. You will be responsible for all financial operations, the recruitment and ongoing training and development of staff whilst ensuring the nursery is being run to the highest standard in the upmost professional way.
Nursery Manager – Qualifications & Experience
- A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3
- A higher-level qualification in Early Years Childcare and Education/Childhood Studies
- A management qualification
- A current First Aid qualification
- A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role in the delivery of services to young children
Nursery Manager – Key Responsibilities
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Manage the occupancy to ensure it shows growth and meets the business aims.
- Maintain accurate accounts for the nursery and produce management information in accordance with company procedures.
- Manage, monitor and control budgets and maintain petty cash systems.
- Identify training needs, develop a training plan and evaluate training undertaken by staff.
Nursery Manager – What we can offer YOU!
- A friendly and supportive team
- Continued opportunities for professional development and training
- Tapestry Online Learning Journeys
- A competitive salary and wider benefits
- 1 week shut down over Christmas
- New Starter Bonus of £1,000 (as per T&C’s)
- Refer A Friend up to £1,000 (as per T&C’s)
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role of Nursery Manager please get in touch.