JOB DESCRIPTION: NURSERY SUPERVISOR LOCATION: Forest Farm School, Elsfield, Oxford OX3 9UW.
START DATE: September 2022
Possible earlier start to enable smooth handover from current supervisor.
HOURS: 8.00 a.m - 4.00 p.m term time
9.30 a.m - 5.30 p.m
- Nursery supervisors work 2 weeks each academic year at our Create Holiday Club
SALARY: £26,500 p.a to start - dependent on qualifications and experience rising to £27,000 after completion of Probationary Period
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum: Early Years/Childcare degree/childcare Level 3
Essential: Montessori Diploma
Experience: at least 3 years working in an Early Years environment
Desired: Early Years management
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic energetic person. The role is to oversee our nursery provision at our Forest Farm School site. There are approximately 20 children on role with an age range of 2 - 4+ years. The appointed supervisor is counted in ratio, so an enthusiastic educator of young children is essential. Due to our extensive grounds, they must be passionate about the outdoors, and include a high percentage of outdoor activity in their overall planning.
Forest Farm School is housed in beautiful old Victorian buildings , surrounded by natural grounds, vegetable and fruit areas, adventure playground, coppice wood and a huge under cover sports barn. Our educational principles are based on Montessori.
The school is set on the outskirts of Elsfield, which is situated off the Oxford ring road. Own transport is essential as there is no public transport to the village.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Nursery and to manage the team effectively and have sound knowledge in EYFS and safeguarding.
2. To provide a child-centred environment where children are cared for in a safe, caring and stimulating way that ensures their individual needs are met within a group setting.
3. To ensure the national standards for the registration of child care are maintained at all times.
4. To implement the nursery’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of the Nursery and other childcare services.
5. To take responsibility for quality assurance and compliance with all applicable legislation, including Safeguarding and Health & Safety, within the Nursery environment.
6. To work in partnership with the Early Years Department, local child care/educational providers, health providers and partner agencies providing services within the nursery.
7. To establish and maintain effective working relationships with the OMS management and report important information, such as; staff attendance, parent complaints, concerns regarding a child or a staff member, children protection issues, health and safety etc..
8. To develop and review applicable policies and procedures and then to ensure that the Nursery operates within the framework set.
9. To establish and deliver an effective EY curriculum which includes assessment, planning and evaluation.
10. To ensure the implementation of the EYFS curriculum for all children 0-4+ years.
11. To develop and maintain procedures for regular review and assessment of each child’s progress in partnership with parents-termly.
12. To implement and manage an effective parent liaison programme, ensuring regular communication and interaction with parents.
13. To receive and deal with complaints positively in accordance with procedures and OMS policy.
14. To work as a senior member of the nursery and to promote all activities being provided by OMS as a whole school.
15. To be responsible for promoting the Nursery and OMS in general and providing information of the primary and senior school operating at Forest Farm, Elsfield.
16. To attend regular team meetings, management meetings and training as required by the OMS management.
17. To participate in the appraisal process and regular individual/supervisory staff meetings.
18. To ensure a good knowledge of Safeguarding policies, of child protection issues and procedures and KCSIE and Working together
19. To be able to work autonomously, manage own workload and meet targets set and willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
20. To familiarize yourself with government funding, Children’s Tax credits, University sacrifice scheme and other benefits available to parents.
1. To achieve the targets set for occupancy levels by managing capacity, reviewing numbers of children attending and following up enquiries promptly to ensure maximum capacity levels are maintained at all times. To work closely with the office administrator at Forest Farm and establish a good partnership.
2. To ensure that all resources are kept updated and in good condition
3. To be responsible for maintaining and preserving the safety of nursery equipment
1. To assist in recruitment (if necessary) and to support a staff team with the appropriate skills, qualifications, experience and qualities, ensuring the Nursery is staffed to the required levels at all times.
2. To implement a programme of supervision and performance management and an appraisal system.
3. To agree developmental plans for each member of staff which support the further development of the Nursery.
4. To manage staff sickness and absence in accordance with procedures and report sickness to management and record on the document provided
1. To be responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe and acceptable standard of practice that meets ISI criteria.
2. To ensure quality standards, including the implementation of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
3. To equip the Nursery with suitable materials of a high quality which enhance the Nursery environment and meet all children’s needs to promote learning.
1. To produce reports and statistical information as required, maintaining high standards of accuracy and confidentiality in record-keeping.
2. To promote, attend and represent the setting at appropriate events, conferences, seminars and training.
3. To undertake any other task requested which is commensurate with this role and responsibility.
4. To maintain your own and your staff’s key children’s record-keeping and maintaining confidentiality
Please see our website: www.oxfordmontessori.co.uk for further details on OMS
Please send your cv and a covering letter to the Principal - Katie Townsend: email@example.com.