Location Liverpool Merseyside
Salary £9.78 per hour
Perks: Paid annual leave, pension scheme, career progression, fantastic training opportunities, employee wellbeing support, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Spring. Spare us five minutes, and we'll tell you what you need to know…
We are proud to be part of the Action for Children family, a national children's charity and our success in Spring makes a difference. With over 150 years of experience in caring for children and young people, we are an award-winning quality and ethical provider. Any profit we make is aligned to support vulnerable children and young people in need across the UK, through the work of Action for Children. We believe all children deserve the best early start in life. It's our mission to be the best provider of outstanding quality early education to children throughout the UK, that is accessible to all. We are looking to learn, have fun and make friends in our bright and engaging settings.
Spring Big Cherry Tree Nursery a 59 place nursery with a 24 place Out of school hour's club We are strongly committed to children being competent and confident learners with secure skills for life and continuously use routine and activities to support this. We are now looking for a qualified level 2 practitioner to come and join our wonderful team on an ad hoc basis to cover annual leave and any absence of staff. This role would allow you to work flexibly around your current commitments and also offers you an opportunity for progression and development.
In the role of Practitioner you will be;
- Working as part of a team creating an environment in which children's individual needs are met and high standards of care are provided, which meet the requirements set out in the National Minimum Standards and the Foundation Phase.
- Working alongside Level 3 practitioners in supporting children's development, participating, planning and setting up activities for a range of children.
- Developing successful relationships with children and their families.
- Observing and track children's development and share this with parent/carers and other professionals.
- Supporting children during mealtimes and toilet training.
What we need from you
Our successful candidate will have an enthusiastic and pro-active mindset with a positive attitude and a passion for childcare. Our Job Description outlines the requirements of the role, but the ‘must haves' are:
- Level 2 qualification in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Safeguarding Level 2 or ability to achieve.
- Experience working in an early year's childcare setting or a setting working with children.
- A thorough current working knowledge of children's emotional, physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
We work together to reach our mission to give children a healthy start in life. Given this and how having a diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
Talent pool: We're sure you've got what it takes to join our ambitious team. If you're unsuccessful this time around, we'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up that you might be better suited for. But, feel free to let us know if you'd rather we didn't do that
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or Youtube.