Room Leader – Radcliffe Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham
New Starter Bonus of £1,000 (as per T&C’s)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Room Leader to join our nursery in Amersham.
The Room Leader will be assisting and support the Nursery Manager in the day-to-day management and running of the Nursery. The Room Leader is a permanent role, offering a competitive basic salary and additional wider benefits, including opportunities for future career progression.
Radcliffe Road Day Nursery has a huge amount of character, with spacious rooms and high ceilings that give a light airy feeling and provide the room in which children can explore, play and learn. Our Nottingham nursery was refurbished and re-equipped throughout in 2014 and is an outstanding safe and relaxing environment in which we can nurture and care for children and their families.
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of doing rather than the end result.
Room Leader – Qualifications & Experience
- You must hold a minimum L3 childcare qualification with a passion to upskill further
- Be a positive role model to our children and your team!
- Do you want to work for an organisation that respects individuality and creativity?
- Wanting to work within a large group that maintains an independent feel?
- Have strong EYFS knowledge
- Previous experience implementing an EYFS curriculum
Room Leader – Key Responsibilities
- Act as Room Leader and to implement the EYFS curriculum.
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate children’s records.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the deputy manager if required to do so.
- Support, mentor and supervise room staff in their day-to-day duties and monitor their paperwork including planning and learning journeys on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.